Placing An Order
All orders placed through the online BSA Catalog go directly to our National Distribution Center in Charlotte, NC, therefore:
* You may not use your TAC account to order merchandise directly through the online BSA catalog (Scoutstuff.org)
* Units will be charged BSA postage rates (different from TAC postage and handling fees)
* Units ordering using a local address may be charged duty and VAT on items ordered through Scoutstuff.org
* Transatlantic Council will not refund nor exchange merchandise purchased through Scoutstuff.org. All exchange/refund requests must be made through the distributor where you purchased the merchandise (that would also include purchasing items at a Scout Shop in the States and trying to exchange or obtain a refund from our Scout Shop).
HOW TO ORDER through the TAC Scout Shop
Scout shop Order Form
* Complete the TAC Scout Shop Order form and fax it to +49 (0)9845-985-473 or send it by mail or email. OR
* Send an e-mail with item name/description, quantity. Be sure to include your shipping address, and payment information.
* To charge your unit account, the e-mail or order form must be sent/signed by an authorized person on your unit signature card. It is important to keep your unit signature card up-to-date to avoid a delay in processing your order.
* Only email orders placed to firstname.lastname@example.org will receive an order confirmation. Faxed and mailed orders will not have a confirmation sent. Orders may be pulled for pick-up, but they will be charged the standard handling fees. Due to the increase of email orders, this standard must be maintained for promptness of order processing. Orders are processed as expeditiously as possible and in the order that they are received. Please contact the shop directly to inquire about special expedited services.
* Sorry, no phone orders.
*You may use the secure payment form to pay for your order or deposit funds into your unit account.
PLACING A MAIL ORDER
Please note that all orders must be in writing and will be processed in the order that they are received. No phone orders will be accepted.
To ensure your order will be processed quickly and without any problems, please provide us with the following information:
* Full name and unit number
* Complete shipping address
* Complete telephone number and/or email address that can be used to contact you should it be necessary
* Payment information
* Accurate description of items being ordered. If you have a catalog number, please use it, but it is not necessary.
If any of this information is missing, it will delay your order.
Orders are shipped via the U.S. Postal System and via Deutsche Post (German Postal Service) to non U.S. addresses. We do not have access to a courier service.
POSTAGE AND HANDLING FEES when ordering through the TAC Scout Shop.
The following Handling/Packing Charges will be placed on all orders: $3.50 per order of $25.00 or less; $4.00 per order of $25.01 to $100.00; and $6.00 per order $100.01 and up. Orders that must be shipped at a cost to us will be charged for the actual cost of shipping on top of the handling fee. This will be a one-time charge per order, so if you have items on backorder, there will not be another fee assessed. Oversized items (i.e. Flag Poles) will be assessed a shipping charge even if they are a backorder due to the extreme cost of shipping these items.
FORMS OF PAYMENT accepted at TAC are:
US Dollar, Euro, checks, money orders, traveler’s checks, unit accounts (by authorized users), Visa, Mastercard, Paypal and our secure payment form on our Council’s website through the “Secure Online Payment”
To pay via credit card (Visa, MasterCard) through the shop, please call with the first 12 digits of your card then send an email with the last 4 digits, expiration date and security code. Due to legal requirements, we are not allowed to keep your Credit Card Information on file or take credit card information solely over the phone. That is why we ask you that you provide us with it on each order. International credit card fees are accessed by your Credit Card Company – the Scout Shop does not assess any credit card fees. When using PayPal or our online payment form (Kintera) – please request a quote prior to making the payment. In order to better process your orders, all additions to existing orders will be treated as new orders.
* All items returned, refunded or exchanged must be accompanied by a receipt. NO EXCEPTIONS WILL BE MADE.
* All items must be returned in the same condition in which you received them from us. Tags, etc. must still be attached to the items.
* Any returns made after 30 days from the date of purchase will be assessed a 15% restocking fee. No returns or exchanges will be accepted after 90 days from the date of purchase. Anything that was purchased in the States or from other Boy Scout shops cannot be returned to us.
* Refunds on merchandise may be applied to the unit account, gift certificate, or back to the credit card used for the original purchase. If you would rather be refunded via a check, this takes about one week to be processed.
* No refunds will be given for worn, washed or damaged merchandise.
* Items that have to be special ordered from the National Distribution, because we do not carry them, i.e. ladies pants and blouses, wool blend pants, small uniform shirts, and discontinued items cannot be returned and no refund will be provided. This is due to the fact that we are unable to resell them in the shop.
* No Refunds on Custom Design Merchandise. If the merchandise is defective, or there was an error by the manufacturer, we will work to get a replacement product. (i.e. incorrect spelling on a unit flag).
* All returns that are to be credited to a Credit Card will be assessed a 10% administration fee.