Troop B429 - ASM1 - Rick Hautekeete
Rick Hautekeete is a mechanical engineer and has worked as a consulting engineer in HVAC design since graduating from Iowa State University in 1991.
As a Cub Scout, Rick obtained the Arrow of Light at Pack 347 in Grinnell, Iowa. His family moved that year to Marengo, Iowa, and he joined Troop 229, where he was awarded the Eagle Scout Award in 1986. Troop 229 has since folded and though efforts were made to restart, it has not been sustained and Rick is currently the last Eagle Scout from Troop 229.
From 1993-1998, Rick served as an Assistant Scoutmaster with three troops in three councils across Illinois. He then volunteered as a Unit Commissioner. A move to North Carolina and the birth of his son prompted a break from Scouting. When his son expressed interest in joining Cub Scouts, he returned to the Scouting family as a Den Leader. A move to Basel, Switzerland in 2007 brought him to Transatlantic Council. His son has completed the requirements for First Class Scout and will be part of the contingent.
Rick's role as ASM 1 for Troop B429 will be focused on planning and executing high quality logistics.
- Cub Scout – Wolf to Arrow of Light, Mid-Iowa Council
- Eagle Scout – 1986, Troop 229, Hawkeye Area Council
- Order of the Arrow – Ordeal 1983, Lodge # 467 Cho-Gun-Mun-A-Nock
- Order of the Arrow – Brotherhood 1993, Lodge #38 Konepaka Ketiwa
- Woodbadge – 1996 Fox Patrol, W.D. Boyce Council
- Scouter’s Training Award, W.D. Boyce Council
- Tiger Den Leader Award, Transatlantic Council
- Webelos Den Leader Award, Transatlantic Council
- Order of the Arrow – Brotherhood Member, Lodge #482 Black Eagle Lodge
- Assistant Scoutmaster – 1993-1994 Troop 100, Illowa Council
- Assistant Scoutmaster – 1994-1997 Troop 12, W.D. Boyce Council
- Assistant Scoutmaster – 1997-1998 Troop 103, Prairielands Council
- Unit Commissioner – 1998-2000 Prairielands Council
- Tiger Cub Den Leader – 2006-2007, Pack 51, Old North State Council
- Assistant Den Leader – 2007-2009, Pack 681, Transatlantic Council
- Webelos Den Leader – 2009-2011, Pack 681, Transatlantic Council
- Assistant Scoutmaster for OA, 2011-present, Troop 681, Transatlantic Council
- Vice-chair, 2012 Rheingold Fall Camporee
None, this will be Rick's first Jamboree and he is looking forward to it!